Liliana Andrea

Liliana Andrea

Wednesday 18 January 2012

environment



Children learn to care for the environment in two places,first in their home with their parents and siblings and then at school.

When traveling to different places in Santiago, I think thateveryone cares for the environment differently, less educated people throwtrash on the floor also have landfills in the streets, while in places wherepeople have more resources are more environmentally friendly.


In my building I separate plastic, glass, paper and organicin different bags, but I don’t know what happens to that trash afterwards. Iwould like to have more opportunities to recycle.

I do not use bike, because my apartment is far from theUniversity, but soon we are going to buy bicycles, one for my husband and one forme. He can go to work by bicycle and on weekends we can ride our bikes together.

I do not participate in any organization that takes care ofthe environment because it does not interest me; I prefer to organize campaignsto help the environment, given the chance.

When I lived with my parents, I organized in my community tostart recycling, and then took large dumps of different colors to dump glass, paperand plastic, but after a week they were stolen, so it frustrated me a lot.

In Santiago there arevery few educational policies that explain the importance of caring for theplanet and also, teachers could teach children to recycle from an earlyage and so children could teach their parents

No comments:

Post a Comment